Located in the City of Thibodaux, Nicholls State University is in the heart of Bayou Country in Southeast Louisiana. As a university town, Thibodaux is known for its nationally acclaimed medical facilities, rich culture and diversity. The city has been designated Louisiana Main Street Community and was designated by the Louisiana Lieutenant Governor’s Office as a Louisiana Retirement Community. Thibodaux is a community where neighbors are like family, and newcomers are able to quickly assimilate into community life.
Click on the following links to learn more:
City of Thibodaux website
Thibodaux Chamber of Commerce website
Nicholls State University Campus Map
Nicholls State University Physical Address:
906 East 1st St. Thibodaux, Louisiana 70310
Directions from New Orleans
- Take Interstate 10 to Interstate 310 Houma / Boutte exit.
- Follow I-310 over the Hale Boggs Bridge for 8.6 miles.
- Continue on I-310 and take the Houma exit to the right. It will lead to U.S. Highway 90 West.
- Continue on U.S. Highway 90 for 13.8 miles to La. Highway 182.
- Follow La. Highway 182 for 3.8 miles to La. Highway 1, You will cross Bayou Lafourche and turn right at the stoplight.
- Continue on La. Highway 1 for 13.6 miles to Nicholls State University. You will see the parking circle of Nicholls on the left side of the highway.
Directions from Baton Rouge
- Take Interstate 10 East toward New Orleans. Drive 22.6 miles to exit 182 Donaldsonville / Sorrento.
- Exit 182 Donaldsonville / Sorrento toward the Sunshine Bridge. Exit right to La. Highway 22.
- Follow La. Highway 22 to La. Highway 70. There will be a flashing light and a Sunshine Bridge sign. Drive 6/10ths of a mile and turn left at the flashing light onto La. Highway 70.
- Follow La. Highway 70 for 9.4 miles across the Sunshine Bridge. The Highway will fork. Stay left at the Thibodaux / Napoleonville sign. You come to a four-way stop, continue straight.
- You will turn left on Spur 70 at the Thibodaux sign.
- Follow Spur 70 to the four-way stop. Cross Bayou Lafourche and turn left on La. Highway 1.
- Continue on La. Highway 1 for 21.8 miles to Thibodaux and Nicholls State University. You will see the parking circle of Nicholls to your right.
Directions from Lafayette
- Take Interstate 49 East / La. Highway 90 East.
- Pass through Morgan City continuing on La. Highway 90 East.
- Take the Chacahoula / Thibodaux Exit.
- Turn right on La. Highway 20 East and follow for 6.8 miles. There will be a stoplight at La. Highway 20 and Main Project Road.
- Continue on La. Highway 20 East under the overpass.
- Turn right onto La. Highway 20 West. Turn right at the stoplight at La. Highway 648.
- Turn left onto Audubon Drive at the Nicholls State University sign.
- Stay on Audubon Drive until you come to the stoplight at La. Highway 1. Turn right on La. Highway 1. You will see the parking circle to your right.
©2008 University of Louisiana System
1201 North Third Street, Suite 7-300 Baton Rouge, LA 70802 | PH: 225.342.6950 | Contact Us