With a reputation for offering a private-college atmosphere at a public university, Louisiana Tech is dedicated to challenging its students through the efforts of caring faculty members and administrators who are passionate about teaching, advising, and research. Founded in 1894, Louisiana Tech offers a wide variety of bachelor's, master's and doctoral-level programs with unique opportunities in fields such as architecture, aviation, engineering, computer sciences, biological sciences, business and education. Tech also offers innovative graduate degree programs in molecular science and nanotechnology, and health information systems, and doctoral degrees in biomedical engineering, audiology, counseling psychology and business administration. With an emphasis on interdisciplinary research and highly-qualified faculty, Tech is the only Carnegie Doctoral-High Research University (RU/H) and SREB Four-Year 2 Research University in north Louisiana. Louisiana Tech's commitment to academic excellence and student support has earned it national recognition as a Tier One National University (US News & World Report) and one of the Top 25 Most Affordable universities in the country for both in-state and out-of-state students (Newsweek.)
- Louisiana Tech is north Louisiana's only Carnegie RU/H "High Research" and SREB Four-Year Doc 2 Research University.
- Louisiana Tech was ranked as a Tier One National University in US News & World Report's 2013 Best Colleges Report.
- Louisiana Tech has ranked in the Top Ten in the nation for graduating students with the least amount of debt in three of the past four years (2010, 2011, 2012 US News & World Report Best Colleges Lists).
- Louisiana Tech was ranked as the top university in the state for mid-career median pay for graduates, according to the 2011-12 College Salary Report from PayScale.com. In addition to its top spot in the state, Louisiana Tech was ranked among the top 30 of all universities in the southern United States.
- Louisiana Tech was the only public university in north Louisiana to be named to the 2010 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for leadership in supporting volunteerism, service-learning, and civic engagement.
- Louisiana Tech was ranked as one of the 100 Best Values in Public Colleges in the nation by Kiplinger's Magazine (2009 and 2010).
- At 53.2%, Louisiana Tech has one of the highest graduation rates in the state.
- Louisiana Tech has an excellent time to completion for first-time baccalaureates at 4.7 years.
- Louisiana Tech's freshman retention rate is 83.5%.
- Louisiana Tech's average freshman ACT score is 23.8 (fall 2011).
- 82% of Louisiana Tech's first-time, full-time Louisiana-resident students are TOPS Scholars.
- 90% of first-year and senior Louisiana Tech students rated their entire educational experience at the University as "good or excellent," according to a 2010 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) report.
- Louisiana Tech is home to A.E. Phillips Laboratory School, one of only two non-magnet schools to earn a Five-Star Rating in the State of Louisiana.
- Louisiana Tech was ranked in the top ten in the nation for technology commercialization (2007 and 2008) and #3 in the nation for nanotechnology education programs (2006) by Small Times Magazine.
- Louisiana Tech average between 12 and 23 ROIs per $10 million in research expenditures - well above the national average of 4 ROIs.
- Louisiana Tech's license/option activity has more than quadrupled over the past five years.
- Louisiana Tech produces a $7.73 return on investment for every dollar it receives in state funding.
- Louisiana Tech has an annual statewide spending impact of $462.5 million.
- Louisiana Tech has an annual statewide impact of 4,745 non-university jobs.
- Louisiana Tech students, faculty and staff average 56.5 hours of volunteerism per person, per year.
- Louisiana Tech has the highest student-athlete graduation rate (71%) in state of Louisiana among schools with football programs.
- Louisiana Tech won the 2010 Turnkey PRISM Award from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst Sport Management Program, recognizing managerial excellence in collegiate sports marketing/ branding, fan development, community relations, and customer /client service.
- Louisiana Tech Athletics placed 6th in the nation in 2011 Texas A&M Sports Management Institute's Excellence in Sports Management Cup, recognizing the most efficient and successful athletics programs in the country.
- Eight of Louisiana Tech's 16 athletic programs recorded their highest multi-year Academic Progress Rate (APR) score ever, and three programs recorded a perfect APR score of 1,000.
©2008 University of Louisiana System
1201 North Third Street, Suite 7-300 Baton Rouge, LA 70802 | PH: 225.342.6950 | Contact Us